Terms & Conditions
Please take time to read the Terms & Conditions. It’s important, is intended to be legally binding and sets out the terms and conditions which govern our agreement with you.
The General Idea
We want to provide everyone who uses Suas Climbing Centre with an awesome climbing experience. One they will share with their friends. That means we need to set out the basis on which we will provide great climbs, courses and events to attend and, in turn, what we expect from everyone who uses Suas.
- Suas, us, we and our: means the climbing centre located at Burlington Business & Leisure Park, Gillogue, Clonlara, Co Clare, Ireland, owned and operated by Urban Trends Ltd, trading as Suas Climbing Centre.
- means the rules and regulations governing the use of Suas.
- Member: means persons who have made a one off payment which allows them to be registered on our system and provides them with certain benefits which other users do not have.
- Using Suas: You are responsible for ensuring that you correctly use any facilities and/ or equipment which we provide. This includes, campus boards, finger boards, training boards, weights, rings, fitness equipment, matting, climbing holds, volumes and surfaces or any other part of Suas which we provide for you to use. If you are in any doubt about how to correctly use the facilities you must consult a member of staff.
- Your health: We don’t want you using Suas if you think that climbing will be detrimental to your health. When you register with us and every time you use Suas, you warrant and represent that you are not aware of any medical condition which would prevent you from using Suas safely and without injury to you or others. If in doubt, you shouldn’t climb. If you are concerned about your health you should consult a medical practitioner.
- Suas Rules: You must familiarise yourself with Suas Rules before you use Suas. They are simple things that you and other users need to do to help ensure that everyone gets along and uses Suas safely. By climbing at Suas you confirm that you agree with and will abide by theses rules. Suas Rules are displayed at reception and on our website and you will need to confirm you have read them when you register. We may cancel or suspend your membership without notice or refuse admission if you break these rules. You understand and agree that you will not be entitled to a refund of your membership or any other fees where you have broken Suas Rules. We reserve the right to make changes to The Suas Rules.
- Getting in: To access Suas you need to provide either sign a waiver/ registration form every time you use the wall or register as a member. Once you are a member then you will be able to provide your membership number to reception who will then log you into our computer system and reward you with a smile. You are then free to climb unhindered once you don’t do anything foolish and abide by The Wall’s Rules. You must not climb without first either signing a waiver each time you come in or providing your membership number to reception. If we don’t know you are using The Wall we won’t be able to look after you in case of things like fires, or monitor how many people are using The Wall.
- Closures: For the vast majority of the time we will make sure The Wall is open for you to use, especially at peak periods and during the weekend. However, we may need to close the entire Suas Climbing Centre (unlikely), or portions of Suas (very likely) at certain times for repairs, maintenance, route setting, cleaning, decorating, competitions, courses, classes and special events. You understand that while closures may disrupt the provision of services to you, they are part and parcel of using Suas and accordingly, you agree that such disruption will not amount to a breach of our agreement with you.
- Opening hours: Opening hours are subject to change, but we will normally provide one month’s written notice before we make any changes unless it’s not practical for us to do so.
- Your property: You understand and acknowledge that any property you leave at Suas is left entirely at your own risk. This includes placing items, such as bags, in any areas we provide for leaving property.
- Our property: We hire out shoes, chalk bags and bouldering mats amongst other things. We sometimes ask for a small deposit which you will get back once we get our stuff back. Things that are obviously part of Suas, such as holds, cups, gym equipment, tools etc. should not be removed from Suas without our consent.
- Complaints: In an ideal World there wouldn’t be any. However, sometimes things don’t work out, or we slip up. We want to provide the best possible service we can and be open about what that is. If you feel that we have not met your expectations, or have messed up your experience, or if you just want easier or harder problems, then we want to hear from you and put things right.
- Here’s what to do:
- Don’t suffer in silence
- Talk to a member of staff, they can usually sort out most things, if that doesn’t work
- Email or write to us. If that doesn’t work, and it should
- Meet with the owners, John and David, yes we will meet with you and we would be very surprised if we can’t resolve things.
- Car park: Any person paying monies to climb at Suas is entitled to park their car for the duration of their usage. However, cars may only be parked while you are using Suas.
- Registering: If you want to climb unsupervised you, or your parent/ guardian must complete a registration form, pay the membership fee and read Suas Rules before you can use Suas. Once you are registered we will give you a unique identification number, a membership card and take your photo.
- Membership Options: These are summarised below and set out on our website. We reserve the right to make changes to our membership options at any time.
- 12 Month Membership by Standing Order: There is a minimum sign up period of three months, from the date your membership commences, where you decide to pay for a 12 month membership by standing order.
- Prepaid 12, 6 and 3 month membership: These must be paid for in advance and are not refundable.
- Prepaid bulk buys: the specific details are set out on our website. They must be paid for in advance and are not refundable. They must be used within 12 months of purchase.
- Single daily use: there are different rates for peak and non-peak use as set out on our website.
- Your Membership: Your membership applies to you personally. You cannot lend, assign or transfer it to another person. Sharing your ID number/ membership card is frowned upon and may mean you lose your membership and will not be allowed to climb at Suas again. Your membership allows you to use Suas in accordance with Suas Rules and the type of membership option that you have selected.
- Payment: You must pay monies and register to use Suas. Every other person using Suas must pay in advance. If you forget to pay, or your membership lapses, and you start climbing you will be asked to pay or renew your membership. If you climb without paying one or more times we will be upset, generally unhappy, and you may be banned from entering Suas in the future.
- Membership Fee: Everyone who climbs at Suas regularly must become a member. Regular use is defined as using Suas more than 4 months in any 12 month period. To become a member you will need to pay a small one off fee. This is non-refundable.
- Other Costs: In addition to your monthly, prepaid, daily usage and membership costs you may also be required to pay additional fees if you choose to attend a class or course, personal, training, participate in competitions or other events which we may run at Suas.
- Standing Orders: 12 month membership may be paid for by standing order. Your first month’s membership fees are collected when you pay for your membership. Thereafter each payment is taken every month from you by us by standing order. There is a minimum membership period of three months. Your second and subsequent 12 month membership fees will be collected from you on the monthly anniversary of the date of your membership application. You must be a member of Suas to pay by standing order. You agree to pay all of Suas membership fees on time.
- Our Charges: These are subject to periodic increases and we reserve the right to pass on any changes in the rate of VAT or other government taxes. We also reserve the right to pass on any increases in charges we pay to third party payment providers or processors which you use to pay for your membership, such as banks, Paypal, credit or debit card companies etc. Fees will normally be reviewed on an annual basis but circumstances may dictate an earlier revision. You will normally, where possible, be given one month’s notice of any change to our fees. Membership fees for prepaid 12, 6 and 3 memberships will be reviewed only on renewal.
Cancellations and Ending Your Membership
- 12 Month Membership by Standing Order: 12 month membership by standing order: You may cancel your membership at any time after the payment of the first three month’s fees, by contacting us at least 7 days before you wish to end your membership, informing us of your desire to terminate your membership and cancelling your standing order with your bank. In the above circumstances, your membership will remain in force until the day before your next payment is due, at which point it will automatically end.
- Prepaid Courses, Classes and Events: Prepaid courses, classes and events: If you wish to cancel your attendance at a class, course or event which you have already paid for and are booked on to, then you must tell us at least 48 hours before the advertised start time. You will receive a refund for any course cancelled as set out above. If you do not give us sufficient notice you will lose any fees paid although we will try and avoid this, if possible, by booking you onto another similar course. We will refund you if we cancel a course and provide you with as much notice as possible.
- Groups, Online Bookings and Birthday Parties: Groups, online bookings and birthday parties: All group bookings and birthday parties must be confirmed by payment of a minimum of 50% deposit. If you wish to cancel a group booking, birthday party or online booking which you have already paid a deposit for (or paid in full), then you must tell us at least 48 hours before the advertised start time. You will receive a refund for any course cancelled as set out above once you provide us with 48 hours notice. If you do not give us sufficient notice you will lose any payment made. We will refund you if we cancel a course and provide you with as much notice as possible.
- If We End Your Membership: If we end your membership: We may end your membership without notice if you commit a material breach of this agreement including, but not limited to, a breach of Suas Rules, abusive or threatening behaviour or vandalism or other unlawful activity. We may cancel your membership with immediate effect if you have breached any terms and conditions of this agreement; or membership fees or other charges remain unpaid 7 days after the due date and such a breach is not remedied by you within seven days, after being notified by us. We may cancel your membership with immediate effect if we permanently cease operating, in these circumstances, we will consider providing a pro-rata refund for membership fees already paid in respect of any period after the cancellation date.
Courses and Events
- Our Courses and Events: We run lots of courses at Suas for all levels and abilities. Some courses are free to members and others are not. We will also host events and competitions at Suas. We will clearly indicate where a course or event is run by us. Where this is the case, we will employ or contract with the people running the course or organising the event. Any fees for the course will be paid to us and we will be responsible for any cancellations or complaints.
- Other Courses and Events: Other courses & events: We often allow other people to run courses at Suas which we feel would benefit our members. These include courses by well known climbers, yoga teachers and strength trainers to name a few. Unless stated otherwise, all these people operate at Suas on a self-employed basis. This means that any service they provide to you constitutes a contract between the particular individual and you rather than Suas. We accept no responsibility for breach of contract (for example if they don’t show up or deliver something different then advertised) or negligence caused by one of these people.
- Advertisements: Advertisements: Suas does not allow any person to advertise their goods or services at Suas. Any person or company, who wishes to advertise their services or products, or run a course or event, including outdoor instructors, yoga teachers, fitness providers and health professionals (physio’s etc), must talk with us first and receive prior written confirmation that they are able to advertise. A member who advertises their services, products or events without prior consent may have their membership cancelled.
Personal Information and Other
- What We Use It For: What we use it for: When you use Suas we collect certain personal information about you including sensitive personal details, your photo, financial details and information about your health. We will use this information for managing your membership and communicating with you about your membership or any changes to this agreement. We will not pass it on to third parties without your consent unless we are required to pass it on by law.
- Not for marketing: We will not use your personal information to send you marketing junk. If you want to know about events or news you can follow us online or talk to us.
- Photos of You: We like to promote ourselves by showing people what climbing is all about (climbing, falling, dynoing, having the craic, getting psyched etc). Unless you tell us otherwise, by climbing at Suas and participating in events, courses and competitions we run, or courses self employed people run at Suas, then you confirm and agree that we may take photographs of our facilities, which may include you, for press and promotional purposes including use online.
- Your Consent: Unless you inform us otherwise in writing, then you agree that Suas may collect, use and process and disclose your personal information as described above.
- No Waiver: Our failure to enforce any of our rights at any time, for any period and for whatever reason, will not be construed as a waiver of our rights. Any failure by us to identify or act upon your breach of the terms of this agreement will not be an affirmation by us that your behaviour is acceptable.
- Notices: Email or texting you at the details you have provided will constitute valid notice once we receive confirmation of delivery. Notices may also be delivered by hand or sent by recorded delivery.
- Severance: Where a provision of this agreement is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, the provision will be deleted but such deletion will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Assignment: We may assign or transfer the benefit of this agreement and our obligations under it, to any other legal entity at any time without notice to you.
- Changes: We reserve the right to amend or omit parts of this agreement without notice to you. However, we will endeavour to notify you of significant changes where possible.
- Entire Agreement: This agreement, together with The Wall’s Rules and any forms you signed on registration represent the entire agreement between you and us.
- Irish Law: This agreement will be governed by Irish law and the Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in relation to it.