STEPS TO A HAPPY VISIT
Welcome to Suas Climbing Center, Co Clare’s / Limerick’s premier facility for climbing, bouldering, and fitness. We’re so glad you found us! We have a lot to offer, so there’s a lot to learn. In order to maximize the time you can spend enjoying the facility, please read through the steps below. This will help you get to the good stuff ASAP on your first visit.
COMPLETE THE WAIVER / REGISTRATION
- All visitors must complete the Waiver in order to use the facility.
- Anyone under 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian complete the waiver for them, NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are bringing in someone else’s child, the parent or legal guardian of the child needs to download, print off, and fill out a parental consent form, before their visit to Suas Climbing Centre.
- Membership is a one off payment of €5 – Members benefit from concession rates from day passes to annual passes. See Rates for further details.
- Safety is our top priority at Suas Climbing Center. Every first-time visitor must complete our general orientation. This includes a facility overview and bouldering etiquette. Familiarizing yourself with this material before you arrive will expedite the orientation, which means you have more time for climbing. You will have access to all of the bouldering walls after orientation.
- Orientation is usually brief, but that can vary depending on the size of the group. Experienced climbers should budget 5 minutes for this session; novices may need up to 10 minutes before they are comfortable getting started.
- Climbing shoes for both bouldering and roped climbing are highly recommended. For roped climbing, harnesses, and belay device are essential. You will find all of the equipment you need to get started in our shop, or you can rent gear from us.
- Rope climbing and belaying at Suas are advanced styles of climbing that require staff certification. If you are new to climbing, we will be happy to show you the ropes (pun intended), through one of our classes or courses . These classes must be scheduled in advance. Please see our classes & courses page for more information.
- ***If you have experience in climbing or belaying on top-rope or lead, our staff will need to verify your proficiency, and you will also need to register as an unsupervised member. Don’t take it personally—we believe that you’re amazing, but safety comes first! ***
Registration at Suas Climbing Centre is mandatory. Registration allows us to know and track your proficiency. This not only improves climber safety but helps us to help you develop your climbing.